Classified: Medium and is great for ages 5-8.
What you need:
- Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple tempera or acrylic paint.
- 9 x 12" white (2), green and black construction paper
- Q-tip or end of paintbrush
- Scissors
- Pencil
- Glue
- Crayons and/or markers
- Palette, paper towels and other clean up materials.
What you do:
- Have your child lightly draw a rainbow with pencil.
- Using either a Q-tip or end of paintbrush, dot each color onto the rainbow one at a time.
- Allow to dry.
- Have your child (or students) design their own pot to display their "gold." Make sure that it is at least 4" wide and 3" tall.
- Cut out the Leprechaun pot and fold in half. Glue 3 out of four sides, leaving the top unglued and adhere to the end of the rainbow. Hint: cutting a small slit to the base of the pot will help make the pot into a pocket.
- On a separate sheet of white paper, have your child (student) illustrate what they would find at the end of their rainbow - or- what is their pot of gold. Cut out the illustration and place into the pot at the end of the rainbow. Option 2- Have them bring in a photo of their family and put into the pot at the end of their rainbow!
![]() | |
| Step 5 |
Options: - Art teachers- have your students make a complete scenery using the stippling technique. You can also discuss the artist Georges Seurat and his pointillism technique.
- Cut out the rainbow and the pot of gold and adhere it to another piece of decorated paper (as shown).
- Cut out the rainbow and pot of gold and make a collage if working on as entire class.





Cute! We'll have to try this out :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE it!!! adorabel :D
ReplyDeleteGreat craft!!
ReplyDeleteNew follower! :)
Http://justasmalltownmommy.blogspot.com
What a clever idea! I think I'll try this out :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I hope I get to see photos when you are done creating!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog! Following you back from Handy Man, Crafty Woman!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. When I saw that pinned, my first thought was, THAT MUST BE A HUGE project! I thought those were your kids in there! hahaha! I see it's a photo. Much more manageable. :)
ReplyDelete